Saturday, May 8, 2010

West Indies: Pirate Island (1) - Module Bases

The 3rd post today. phew! Unable to do some gardening becuase of the poor weather [shame :)], I set about making up the module bases for my pirate island - ideally somewhere in the carribean. I had some 3mm MDF sheet left over from an old model railway backscene; after sketching out some ideas I opted for the following:
  • 2 narrow coast modules
  • 2 land modules
  • 1 inlet or small harbour module
These were cut to fit onto my gaming table. For the surrounding ocean effect I used some dark blue curtain lining material. Here is my gaming table with the module bases for the 2 coast and 2 land modules - gives a land gaming surface of about 6ft by 2ft4ins.
and alternatively with the inlet/small harbout board...

2 comments:

  1. 3 posts with some cool stuff to get your Indies projects moving along.
    Great troops, cool little ships, and a nice start to a geomorphic island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss your new adventure? Looks like a fine start, tread on!!!

    ReplyDelete